We often get asked by parents if our Website In a Day training workshop is suitable for kids. It certainly is, and over the last year or so have we have had a number of teenagers attend our workshops – and done extremely well.
Tech-savvy teenagers have been brought up in the digital/online world. They have little fear of technology and are full of confidence when it comes to using online tools and resources, so tend to thrive in our workshops. They are also used to taking direction and (when motivated) can actually achieve much more than adults who are sometimes cautious or even “scared” of the technology.
We have in fact had so much interest in web training workshops for kids, that we have decided to establish some school holiday workshops designed specifically to meet the needs of teenagers.
Many of our adult students create a website for their business – obviously the average teenager does not (yet) have a business, but there are many other things they could find a website useful for :
- A Hobby based website – news, info and resources related to a hobby or sport they are passionate about
- A Personal Blog – their own perspective on day to day life as a teenager
- A Portfolio Site – an online portfolio of art, fashion, writing or music
- An Online CV – an outline of skills and experience to assist in getting a job
- A Business website for their parents business – what better way to get the kids involved in a family business than to have them help out on the technology side (and learn some skills along the way)
- a Start to their own online business – for the budding entrepreneur
We are in the process of developing our teen friendly workshops, and will add more information, and publish scheduled events when they are ready. In the interim, if you are interested in having your kids learn how to create and manage websites, or have any suggestions as to what types of training might be suitable, please feel free to contact us.